Cold Pearl Beetroot Yogurt Soup is delicious, refreshing and welcoming on a hot summers day. It contains both beets as well as beet greens and is super easy and quick to make. Beet greens are full of goodness and flavor, and combined with the beets creates a wonderfully rich, delicious dish, full of sensational taste as well as color. And nothing is wasted!
Pearl Powder adds all the nutrients a body needs to stay healthy and radiantly vibrant. It is also good for the skin, hair, and nails.
Beets, cooked, chilled, and blended with pearl powder, yogurt, dill, and lemon, make for a bright, perfectly nutritional balanced borscht-inspired bowl.
This soup is super nutritious and low in fat and perfect served on a hot summers day. It makes a great appetizer or perfect to serve at a summer party. Try it!
For the soup:
2 tsp Pearl Protein Powder
2 small beets with greens
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 and 2/3 cup water or beef stock
3 cups Greek yogurt
4 tbsp dill finely chopped
3 tbsp green onions finely chopped
10 radishes coarsely grated
1 cucumber, peeled, coarsely grated
1 garlic clove crushed
1. Finely chop the beet greens (stems and leaves) and grate the beets (peeled).
2. Put in a pot, add water (or vegetable stock), lemon juice, cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, remove from heat and set aside and let cool completely. Season to taste if using water add approx. 1 tsp fine sea salt and pepper to taste.
3. While the soup is cooling grate the radish and cucumber, chop the herbs and garlic.
4. Once the beet mixture has cooled, add the remaining ingredients. Stir and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes (up to 4 hours) before serving. Serve cold.
5. Serve with hard boiled eggs if desired.
You can refrigerate up to 3 days. Do not freeze.
Back To Recipes >>>>
Seawater Pearl Powder
Freshwater Pearl Powder|