Written By Empress Of Pearl Powder
Sarah Anderson March 14, 2023
Everyone wants to be a huge success in life, and I am sure you do too. Who wouldn't. The question is, how is your attitude. Attitude not only affects your mental and physical health, it ultimately shapes your success and happiness.
If you have a lousy attitude, you will never be successful. Attitude is important because it influences your ability to live, move, think and decide. Having a good attitude will help you achieve immeasurable success in your personal and professional life.
A bad attitude is determental to everything good you want to achieve in life. A good attitude will help you overcome all obstacles, regardless of the circumstances. A bad attitude tends to be narrow, limiting, and rigid. Once a bad attitude finds what it is looking for (which it almost always does), it stops looking and stops thinking.
A good attitude, on the other hand, gives greater perspective and insight because it stays fully engaged in the search for a solution.
Attitude describes your success, career advancement, joy, contentment, peace, and relationships. Let's face it, your attitude is the number one factor that will determine whether you succeed or fail.
Your attitude toward your job or business can affect your performance, your creativity, how you communicate and your decision making. Whether you achieve success in your life largely comes down to your attitude.
You Choose Your Attitude
Your attitude is not something that happens to you. You choose your attitude. Your attitude is created by your thoughts, and you choose your thoughts.
A person can make themselves happy, or miserable, regardless of what is actually happening just by changing the content of their thoughts. The most successful people, the happiest people, are those who learn to take charge of what happens in the mind.
We have the option to be pessimistic or optimistic; to be negative or positive; to have good attitude or a bad attitude; to be successful or a failure.
If you want to feel better you have to think better - therefore it is necessary to be disciplined in the way you think.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." ~ Maya Angelou.
"Your problem isn't the problem, it's your attitude about the problem." ~ Ann Brashares
"Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude" ~ Zig Ziglar. The kind of attitude you have determines how high you climb the ladder of life, and how well you rise above your challenges.
"It's your attitude, not your aptitude that will determine your altitude." ~ Zig Ziglar. This quote highlights the crucial role that attitude plays in our lives.
Attitude Is Everything
Attitude is more important than skill. Itās more important than advantage, more important than intelligence, more important than education. Attitude is the bedrock of good, honest successful people.
Attitude is everything since it will not only dictate the mood you are in, but also affects those around you. Your frame of mind dramatically influences any attempts you make to become successful at just about anything. Your mindset also has the capabilities to alter your performance for better or for worse depending upon your state of mind.
Thank goodnes it is possible for everyone to change their attitudes and mindset to concentrate on a triumphant future. Therefore it is important to focus on avoiding even the slightest discouraging and defeatist thoughts. Those thoughts only have to be repeated often enough until your subconscious really believes and applies them in your life.
Harvard psychologist Williams James said: "The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind" If you want to perform at your very best and maximize your happiness and fulfillment, then you must take control over your attitude.
But, this is not merely a quick-fix. It is a disciplined that must be practiced and learned.
Condition and train your mind to think good thoughts about you and your life! This is the first and probably most important step for success.
When you change your attitude you will change your life. You attitude is the key to your success.
Nuggets For Adjusting Attitude
1. This is the NO 1 nugget. Develop an attitude of kindness. Kindness breeds civility. Kindness is also a virtue that reflects our inner moral compass. Respect yourself and others by showing kindness instead of being rude. Have the courage to be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness.
One of the best ways to learn kindness to others is by being intentional about it! Practice doing something kind for others and lift others up.
āIf you have the choice between being right and being kind, choose being kindā (Dr. Wayne W. Dyer).
"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other, as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32.
2. Cultivate an attidude of compassion. Motivate yourself to respond empathetically with others, even when it is difficult to do so.
Clothe yourself in kindness, compassion, and mercy. Then you will be on your way to great success.
3. Control your attitude. Yes you can. Just like you can learn to drive or master a new language, with right focus, guidance, discipline and patience you can learn to control your emotions.
Be aware of the things that tend to trigger a disruptive attitude in you. Don't just let it happen. Pay attention to it. Take control. Refocus, then let go.
4. Master the art of productive self-talk. Self-talk is a powerful tool for increasing your self-confidence and curbing negative emotions. Is your language helping or hurting? You talk to yourself more than to any other person in your life. Get good at it.
5. When there is a problem, acknowledge it. Then immediately focus on finding solutions and opportunities for action.
6. Ruthlessly eliminate Blaming, Complaining, Defensiveness from your life. Immediately. Admit it is the fault of no one but your own. The more you blame others, the less chance you have to think good thoughts, see a right solution, or take affirmative action toward a solution.
7. Turn off the TV. Don't waste your time watching junk news and other people's lives. Too much TV impairs your capacity for rational thought. TV oversimplifies reality. TV has links to anxiety, depression, and even memory loss.
8. Start every day with a time of reflection and preparation. Be disciplined and intentional about the way you start your day. Put yourself in a discipline-driven frame of mind. Put a smile on your face the moment you arise and tell yourself "It's going to be a wonderful day."
9. Be patient. Be tough. It takes time to build a winning attitude.
10. Keep things in perspective. Never lose sight of the big picture. Instead of seeing the glass half full or half empty, just be glad you have a glass.
Count Your Blessings
Count your blessings every day. Value the people who love you and make the most of each day.
All too often, in this great land of America, we seem to lapse into a state of ingratitude, taking for granted all of the blessings and comforts we enjoy. We revert into an attitude of self-satisfaction, expecting that peace and bliss will always follow us. During those times we should, with sincerity of heart, count our blessings!
"When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed, When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost, Count your many blessings, name them one by one, And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done" ~ Gospel song writer Johnson Oatman, Jr.
Whether in prayer, on your tablet or notebook, list your blessings one by one. List as many as you can, and you will discover their lifetime impact. Include the blessings from your country, family, friends, work, community, church, experiences and so on.
What attitudes do you need to change right now? How are they preventing you from becoming all that you can be? Do you believe it's possible for you to triumph in this world? Do you have the faith to believe you can do it? Do you have the grit and commitment to keep going when the world is against you? Are you dedication to hard work?
These are the attitudes that form the foundation upon which success can be built. Without them, it won't happen.
Where in your life could you use an attitude adjustment?