Written By Empress Of Pearl Powder
Sarah Anderson March 4, 2023
This topic is the most discussed question among those who struggle with dry skin and options on how to get rid of it. For most people, it's hard to select the right products or remedies to treat their dry skin issues.
Various factors can contribute to causing your skin to become dry. Adding the right moisturizer to your beauty routine can help keep your skin from drying out.
Beauty products free from harsh chemicals (such as sulfates, mineral oils, phthalates, parabens, petrochemicals, synthetic color, and strong fragrance) are the safest choice. Coconut and avocado oil, Hyaluronic acid, antioxidants and omega-3's work best when it comes to ingredients for dry skin; the powerful antioxidants and hyaluronic acid retain moisture in the skin.
Dry Skin Complications:
Most people experience dry skin in the winter season, but some experience this skin type throughout the year. The symptoms of dry skin vary according to age, your exposure to the outdoor, heath, and weather/environment condition. The problems that contribute to dry skin are:
Skin flakiness, peeling or scaling
Deep skin cracks or fine lines
More visible fine lines and wrinkles
These conditions are usually harmless when not cared for properly and can lead to eczema and certain skin allergies and infections.
Ways to Soothe your Dry Skin:
In many cases, dry skin problems resolve with drinking plenty of water and moisturizing daily. Dermatologists recommend applying a cream throughout the day to relieve dry, scaly skin.
To heal or prevent dry skin conditions, dermatologists recommend the following:
Bathe daily: A 5 to 10 minutes warm bath adds moisture to the skin. However, hot baths or showers strip the natural protective oils from your skin, thus removes moisture.
Close the bathroom door: When you are taking a shower, keeps the door shut. This helps to keep the much-needed humidity in the room.
Use a mild cleanser: Bars and face washes containing alcohol strip the natural oils from your skin causing it to become dry. Use products that are gentle to your skin and fragrance-free.
Gently pat the skin dry: Rubbing hard also removes moisture and irritates sensitive, dry skin. Used a soft cloth to clean your skin. Consider patting instead of rubbing the skin after washing.
A moisturizer can do the trick: Be sure to apply moisturizer immediately after you get out of the shower. Moisturizers work to trap existing water in the skin and prevent the water from evaporating.
Moisturize when you need it: If you think there is a need to apply a moisturizer again, don't hesitate to do so. If the skin is noticeably dry ad scaly, it is important to moisturize frequently throughout the day to allow the skin to heal. This will help prevent the recurrence of dry skin.
Be gentle with your skin: Some skincare products, such as soaps, deodorants, etc., can be too harsh on your skin. Dermatologists recommend using fragrance-free products.
Be careful when choosing a moisturizer: Always select a cream-based moisturizer that contains:
1. Hyaluronic acid - a substance that retains moisture, and it is capable of binding over one thousand times its weight in water.
2. Glycerin - a moisturizing agent that pulls water into the outer layer of your skin from deeper levels of your skin and the air and keeps is there. It acts similar to aloe vera, hyaluronic acid.
3. Coconut oil acts as a sealant, as it helps trap water into the skin to keep it moist.
4. Avocado oil is packed with antioxidants, healthy fats, and vitamins, which hydrates dry, damaged, and chapped skin.
5. Omega-3 fatty acids help retain moisture and softens rough and dry skin skin.
6. Antioxidants · vitamin A · vitamin E · vitamin C · selenium · zinc · copper · avonoids · glutathione.
7. Pearl Powder is packed with antioxidants such as vitamin E, vitamin C, selenium, zinc, iron, copper, and Omega-3 fatty acids. - all skin lovin - skin-repairing, hydrating ingredients.
Following these tips can bring relief to your dry, chapped, and scaly skin. You will notice your skin starting to look and feel better fast.