If you want all the soothing and feel-good factors of a bath bomb, this all natural recipe will leave you calm, peaceful, and your skin wonderfully soft and perfected. This bath bomb recipe takes approximately 10 minutes to make, and the results are out of this world!
For the perfect Luxury Bomb, you don't want to leave anything out.
What Is A Bath Bomb?
Bath bombs are hard-packed mixtures of dry ingredients which effervesce when wet. They are used to add essential oils, scent, bubbles or color to bathwater. They are scented, fizzy, and fun. Bath bombs add oil to your bath, which moisturize the skin. They take bathing to a whole new level, designed to soothe, detox and help you relax.
This bath bomb recipe is made with soothing essential oils, and pearl powder which work to hydrate the skin and leave it soft, dewy, and glowing. They do not have sugar, salt or chemicals that can irritate the skin.
There are six basic ingredients:
Baking soda is the essential part of the bath bomb that makes that fantastic fizzy reaction when you drop one into your bathwater.
Citric acid is a weak organic acid that has the chemical formula C ₆H ₈O ₇. It occurs naturally in citrus fruits like lemons and limes, and its a popular addition to beauty products. It helps with the relaxing fizz, and gives your skin a beautiful smooth feeling after youve indulged in a bath bomb. It also treated skin problems like mile acne, clogged pores, wrinkles, and dark spots.
After your bath bomb dissolves, it leaves the water feeling silky smooth!
Pearl Powder helps skin flush out toxins, treats a variety of skin problems, and leaves the water and skin silky smooth, and with a radiant glow. Pearl Powder helps exfoliate the skin while absorbing essential nutrients into the skin cells. This is the most luxurious, healthy, and soothing ingredient.
Almond oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, hemp seed oil, coconut oil, or even olive oil all work perfectly.These help the bomb melt into your bath and provide a beautiful natural moisturizing element. They also give you bath a luxurious heavenly scent.
Liquid binds the ingredients together, and for this job, water works perfectly. You might decide to add a little color to the water to give your bath bombs some vibrancy. If you do, natural food coloring is an effective and safe option.
Luxury DIY Bath Bomb
8 oz Baking Soda
1/2 cup Citric acid
4 oz Corn starch
1 1/2 Tbsp Pearl Powder
3 Tbsp Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Fractionated Coconut oil, or Avocado Oil
1 Tbsp water
3-5 drops food coloring (optional)
Bath Bomb Molds
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk until ingredients are free of clumps.
2. Add all liquid ingredients into the small mason jar, then seal the lid tight. Shake vigorously to combine.
3. Open the mason jar carefully, and SLOWLY pour the liquid into the dry ingredients, gently mixing with your whisk as you pour. If you pour to fast, it will start fizzing. If it starts fizzing, stop pouring and quickly stir to stop the reaction.
When the mixture begins clump, dip your fingers in, and if you can pinch the mix together and it retains some shape, it's just right!
If it's powdery, add a little more liquid. If you're already emptied the mason jar, add a little more essential oil, until you can pinch the mixture, and it holds together.
3. Press mixture into the molds. You can purchase molds at Amazon, Walmart, or on Ebay. Press down hard to make sure they're compacted, or they will crumble when they dry.
Or you can fill a standard muffin tin 3/4 full. For cute mini bombs, fill 1/2 way.
If you want your bath bombs stand out, add additional ingredients! Put a rose petal at the bottom of each tin, or some herbs.
4. When the mixture is packed tight enough, gently tap your bombs out of the mold and let them dry. This is a crucial step. If you leaven them in the mold, they won't set properly.
If you live in a dry area, your bombs may be ready within a few hours. But, it's a good idea to leave them overnight to be sure. They'll bring a heavenly smell to your home as they dry too!
5. Now, it's time to store them. Store them away from all moisture, and do not use an airtight container. The bombs will release a little air as they continue to dry, which will cause the sealed baggie to pop open!
6. Go to Amazon or Walmart and shop for cellophane gift bags or see through containers. They are perfect for showing off your beautifully colored creations.
Give It A Try!
Drop some of your bath bombs into warm, soothing bath water. You'll love watching those incredible colors fizz and mix when you swirl the water. This will help you unwind when life has beaten you down. It also helps with skin problems, and repairs dry, damaged hair.
Whether you make them for yourself, or give them as gifts, bath bombs are guaranteed to be a hit. So, grab your supplies and give this recipe a go!