Falooda is a cold Indian dessert, originally it is made by mixing rose syrup, vermicelli, and Sabja seeds (sweet basil seeds) with milk, and often served with ice cream. Traditionally, falooda is served in layers with a combination of basil seeds, jellies, fresh fruits or kulfi, and garnished with cashews, almonds and pistachios.
For a basic falooda, you need rose syrup to prepare a rose colored, flavored milk. There are many Falooda recipes, this one is a delicious high-protein dish for breakfast, lunch or a snack.
Pearl Powder is a complete protein, a rare gift from nature, and is loaded with health benefits. Pearl plays a powerful role in the Superfood arena today.
For the soup:
1/2 tsp Pearl Protein Powder
1 cup oats
1 cup milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp rose syrup (simple syrup) or honey.
Basil seeds (called Sabja seeds in Hindi)
1. Soak oats in milk for 1-2 hrs.
2. Soak sabja seeds in warm water for 15 minuets.
3. When oat mixture and sabia seeds are ready, add sabja seeds, vanilla extract, pearl protein powder, and rose syrup, (simple syrup or honey) in the oat mixture.
4. Mix until smooth and creamy.
5. Use your favorite Nuts, Seed and fruit for topping.
6. This healthy Snack, Meal, or Dessert is ready to be served.