Panna Cotta is a traditional and delicious Italian custard made with heavy cream and gelatin. It originated in Italy and its name literally means "cooked cream". Cream is good fat and contains only trace amounts of fiber. Studies suggest that a moderate consumption of high-fat dairy may possibly reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. Cream is rich in conjugated linoleic acid, the fatty acid that also promotes fat loss.
Panna Cotta looks and tastes elegant but is quick and easy to make!
You can eat it straight out of a glass, but it's often unmolded onto a plate and drizzled with sweet sauce and garnished with fruit. Just one bite of panna cotta is remarkably creamy, and literally melts in your mouth like nothing else.
It is served in restaurants removed from a ramekin onto a plate, but this recipe is served in a fancy glass. This recipe also has powerful health and healing properties, thanks to pearl protein powder. Pearl Powder doesn't affect the taste at all.
I hope you are delighted to give this recipe a try!
1/2 tsp Pearl Protein Powder
1 envelope unflavored gelatin (about 1 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons cold water
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup half and half
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Strawberries and mint leaves for garnish
1. In a saucepan sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand about 1 minute to soften. Heat gelatin mixture over low heat until gelatin is dissolved and remove pan from heat.
2. In a large saucepan bring cream, half and half, and sugar to a boil over moderately high heat, stirring. Remove pan from heat and stir in gelatin mixture and vanilla. Let cool just slightly, then add pearl powder and quickly whisk. Do not let cool too much or it will start setting.
3. Divide mixture evenly into goblets or dessert bowls.
4. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Once set, place cups upside down on serving dishes. Run an offset spatula around edges of panna cotta. Panna cottas should release and fall onto the dishes in perfect shape!.
6. When ready to serve, Garnish with strawberries and mint leaves if desired, and enjoy.